Ocean Academy SUP Training Club- Open Ocean & Dana Ocean Challenge Prep (Feb 4th & 18th, Mar 4th & 11th)
Want to get race ready? Let’s do it together! In this 4-Session SUP Training Club you will learn valuable information on how to train properly, as well as technical skills that will help you perform better on race day. Topics that will be covered include; open ocean paddling, race starts/finishes, drafting, pacing, course management, and reading various open ocean conditions including swells, currents, tides and wind. This is not a typical clinic. This is a training session that will highlight a particular topic during each interval training session. Come prepared to train hard, gain experience, make friends, and build confidence so you can perform your best on race day. MUST BE ABLE TO PADDLE IN OPEN OCEAN FOR THIS INSTALLMENT OF CLUB.
In addition to the four in-person group SUP training club sessions, you will also receive ten interval paddle workouts, and five dry-land strength workouts to help supplement your training program. These workouts can be done with other training club members, or by yourself throughout the course of the month to help you reach your peak on race day.
- Saturdays; February 4th & 18th, March 4th & 11th.
- Baby Beach, Dana Point Harbor, CA
** rain or shine, no lightening or gale force winds
Requirements & Recommendations:
- Racing paddleboards ONLY (12’6” or 14’)
- PFD’s & Leashes Always.
- Be on time (early)! Workout starts promptly.
- Must be able to paddle at least 4.5 miles in 90 minutes.
- MUST be able to paddle in open ocean for this installment of training club.
- No refunds for inclement weather.
- No refunds after Feb 2nd, 2022.
- Positive attitude.
6 in stock